Welcome to Admissions at Judah Christian School! We are thankful for your family’s interest in applying to our school. Please contact us to set up a tour and find out more about what Judah Christian School has to offer your family.
The admissions policy for Judah Christian School is driven by our mission, which is, “To partner with families, and the local church, in providing an academically-excellent, Bible-based education, preparing students for a Christ-honoring life of service.” Judah Christian School is committed to a loving, cooperative partnership between the home, the church, and the school so that students may be educated in the Truth and discipled in Christ.
One of the unique aspects of Judah is our diverse student population. We serve students from numerous countries, multiple nationalities, and over 80 churches.
Judah Christian School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin, and guarantees all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. Judah Christian School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, financial aid rewards, athletics, and other school-administered programs.
Informational tours of Judah Christian School are available by appointment during most regular school/office hours. Please call 217-359-1701 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a tour.
All international students must follow general admissions procedures and meet general requirements of the Judah Christian School admissions process. For further requirements pertaining specifically to international students, all prospective applicants are asked to contact our Secondary Guidance Counselor/International Student Advisor, Emily Lucas, before proceeding with the online application.
217-359-1701 x 185
International Application Deadline & Fees
International applications must be submitted by April 15 for Fall admission, with additional application documents submitted shortly thereafter. The non-refundable fee for International Applicants is $375. To apply, please contact Emily Lucas (email@example.com/217-359-1701, ext. 185).
International students must reside locally with a parent, grandparent, or uncle/aunt who is the brother/sister of the student’s parent. (Siblings are not approved to be guardians.) Otherwise, international students may reside in the home of a pre-approved Judah Christian School host family.
- To facilitate a special program of activities for international students at Judah Christian School, all students attending Judah with an I-20 will pay an additional $1,000 annual tuition.
- Due to greater demands required for processing college applications, a one-time “academic guidance fee” in the amount of $250 will be required for International students entering Judah in the 11th or 12th grade.
Secondary Requirements (7th-12 grade students)
- International students must provide documentation of English language proficiency. We accept the Secondary Level English Proficiency (SLEP) test, TOEFL Junior, TOEFL iBT or comparable test verification. The Judah administration has set the following standards for the SLEP test: students applying for 7th or 8th grade must score a minimum composite score of 50; students applying for 9th or 10th grade must score a minimum composite score of 55; and students applying for 11th or 12th grade must score a minimum composite score of 60. Students may submit an initial test score along with their application, however, the administration requires that students also take the SLEP test under Judah supervision before their application will be considered.
- International students may be required to retain the services of an English language tutor and provide the administration documentation during their first year at Judah, or as needed.
Elementary International Students (K-6th grade students)
- Elementary students are evaluated on a “case by case” basis for entry into our program.