JCS is a distinctively Christian educational institution which provides a nurturing learning environment to over 500 students ages 3 through high school. As an inter-denominational school nearly 70 local churches are represented in our student body.
We believe that:
- Parents are the primary educators of their children: spiritually, physically, emotionally, academically, and socially.
- School should be both academically rigorous and fun.
- The Holy Bible is God’s inerrant Word and Jesus Christ died and rose again for our sins.
- The Christian school should be an extension of the Christian home.
Our challenging curriculum, gifted teachers, and engaging classroom atmosphere creates a special space that inspires the transforming action of learning. Students at Judah learn and grow as their increased knowledge of the world and its Creator allows them to cultivate a solid and foundational Christian worldview.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible is the only written Word of God; it is inspired by Him and is wholly trustworthy and authoritative. (2 Tim. 3:15–16)
- We believe in one God, eternally manifested and existent as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matt. 28:19, John 10:30, John 16:13–15)
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ (John1:1,14), in His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14, Luke 1:34–35), in His miracles (John 2:11, Acts 10:38), in His vicarious and atoning death (I Cor. 15:3, Heb 2:9, Heb. 10:10, 14), in His bodily resurrection (I Cor. 15:4, John 2:21–22, Luke 24:6), in His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Acts 1:9, Eph.1:20, Col. 3:1), and in His personal future return to the earth in power and glory. (Mk 13:26, Matt. 16:27)
- We believe in the necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit because of man’s sinful nature inherited from Adam; we believe that man is justified only through God’s grace by personal repentance and faith in Jesus Christ and His shed blood. (John 3:16–19, Rom. 3:23–24, Rom. 5:8–9, Eph. 2:8–10, Titus 3:5)
- We believe in the resurrection of all persons; those who are saved unto the resurrection of life, and those who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation. (John 5:28–29)
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Rom. 8:9, I Cor. 12:12–13, Gal. 3:28–28)
- We believe in the present, active ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the believer receives sanctification and the power to live a godly life. (Rom. 8:13–14, I Cor.3:16, I Cor. 6:19–20, Eph. 5:18, Eph. 4:30)
- Christian schools reflect the values of the church and family.
- Christian schools offer a better level of instruction. This is demonstrated year after year in national standardized test scores.
- Christian school students grow spiritually stronger in a Christian environment.
- Christian school teachers teach the Christian worldview, not the worldview that focuses on relativism and materialism.
- Christian schools support the family as the number one institution in our society.
- Christian schools have reasonable standards of discipline, and hold the children accountable for their actions
- Christian schools instill a spirit of service. It is taught that we should be contributors to society, not just takers.
- Parents are encouraged to participate in their child's education through volunteer activities. Christian schools are in partnership with the parent, not in an adversarial relationship.
- Christian schools believe that your child is a gift from God, and that God has a good plan for him or her. Each child is seen as special, and with meaningful potential that we are privileged to help the child identify and realize.
- Research reveals that students who attend church regularly, participate in church youth activities and are enrolled in Christian schools are significantly less prone to risky behavior and have a substantially brighter view of life and its purpose.
All parents are faced with the challenge of how to best meet the educational needs of their child. The decision you make today about your child's education will have a lifelong impact. It is a choice that requires prayerful consideration.
At Judah Christian School we believe there is no better educational investment that you can make in your child's future than a Christian education. Judah Christian School provides not only a strong academic foundation, but an education that transforms a child's life as they learn about God's Word and world.
At JCS we help children understand their world from God's perspective. We provide a character building education where children learn the foundations for making wise decisions based on Godly principles. Teaching that God has a plan and purpose for every life, Christian education enables children to become spiritually strong and develop lives of service to the Lord, their family and community.
Judah Christian School teachers are intentional about integrating faith and academics in the classroom. We create a dynamic environment where learning is active, stimulating, and creative. It is our passion to know the heart of our students so we may sensitively lead them to Biblically based, intellectual pursuits.
A Christian school has the responsibility of shaping minds and hearts while meeting the social, emotional, intellectual and spiritual needs of students. Creating an atmosphere where children feel loved, safe and nurtured equips them with the confidence to make sound decisions when faced with challenging circumstances.
JCS is committed to making Christian education available to as many families in our community as possible. Therefore, we are dedicated to providing an excellent education at affordable prices.
JCS is here to partner with parents as they pursue their God-given responsibility to educate and train their child. By choosing JCS, parents demonstrate the importance of reflecting and reinforcing their Christian values as an integral part of their child's educational life. It's an education that glorifies God - an education with eternal value.
On February 18, 1983, parents concerned over the lack of Christian Education at the secondary level held an open meeting to plan a Christian high school for the Champaign-Urbana Community. They presented the following purpose and standards for such a school: “…to train young men and women – spiritually, mentally, and physically – in an environment of education excellence that will preserve and promote the standards and the faith taught in a Christ Centered home.”
In the fall of 1983, a Christian educational ministry began for grades 7th-10th and this was the birth of Judah Christian School (JCS). The vision was to add one grade per year until JCS became a program for grades 7th-12th. To foster the growth of this new ministry, Urbana Assembly of God discontinued its seventh and eighth grade program and encouraged its former students to become involved with Judah Christian School. The school spent it's first two years in the Webber Street Church of Christ facility, in Urbana. The school then moved to it's present facility on North Prospect Ave.
At the request of parents, the growth of Judah continued when in May 1986 elementary education became a part of this Christian ministry. Judah was now educating and ministering to children in grades K thru 12.
The offering of this Christian education vision continued when in the fall of 1991 the Judah Christian School Society decided to incorporate a preschool into the structure of Judah – thus making JCS a ministry serving the educational needs of children from preschool through high school.
The growth of Judah continued and in 1999 the school added an additional wing to its existing building which included a gymnasium, secondary classrooms, and offices. What was once a modest vision in 1983 has grown into a strong and vibrant educational institution with a vision for education and spiritual growth that knows no end.
Judah is a member of ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International) and is recognized by the Illinois State Board of Education. JCS is also a member of the Champaign Chamber of Commerce.