Special Needs Program Services PK-12
- Identification and evaluation of students who may need additional support in the classroom PK-12th grade
- Evaluation of each referred student for possible learning challenges, including deficits in academic and executive functioning skills
- Development of an Intervention Plan, Individual Service Plan(ISP) or 504 Plan for students, as needed
- Individual tutoring or instruction, testing support, accommodation support and other support services as stated in an Intervention Plan, ISP or 504 Plan
- Development of transition plan for high school students before graduation
- Collaboration with teachers and parents about the special needs process including recommendations to outside agencies and professionals for further diagnostic testing/services as needed
Speech and Language Services
- Identification and evaluation of students who are having trouble in the following areas: language comprehension and processing, language expression, pragmatics and social skills, articulation/phonology, oral-motor functioning, fluency and voice.
- Development and implementation of a service plan which may include individual or small group speech sessions, within the classroom collaboration, and/or consultative services.
- Collaboration with Director of Special Needs to best meet needs of students identified for services
- Collaboration with parents and teachers as needed to best meet the needs of the student
- Ongoing assessment of student progress and goal achievement, development and revision of service plan and speech goals/objectives as needed.
For more information, please reference JCS's Special Needs Handbook here.