All international students are asked to contact our Guidance Counselor, Emily Lucas, before proceeding with the online application.
217-359-1701 ex. 184
Click here to access the International Student Application Instructions.
International students must be in residence locally with a parent or other family member (not including siblings).
• To facilitate a special program of activities for international students at Judah Christian School, all students attending Judah with an I-20 will pay an additional $1000 annual tuition.
• Due to the increased requirements associated with processing the application for a student visa (I-20 form) a one-time registration fee will be required in the amount of $375.
• Due to greater demands required for processing college applications, a one-time “academic guidance fee” in the amount of $250 will be required for International students entering Judah in the 11th or 12th grade.
• Elementary Students are evaluated on a “case by case” basis for entry into our program.
• International students must take the Secondary Level English Proficiency (SLEP) test and meet the following standards as set by the school administration: students applying for 7th or 8th grade must score a minimum composite score of 50; students applying for 9th or 10th grade must score a minimum composite score of 55 and students applying for 11th or 12th grade must score a minimum composite score of 60. Students may submit an initial SLEP score along with their application; however, the administration requires that students also take the SLEP test under Judah’s supervision before their application will be considered.
• International students must retain the services of a tutor (at least 3 times per week) and provide the administration documentation during their first year at Judah.
• At the High School Principal’s discretion, the applicant may be required to attend an English speaking class since this activity will provide the student an opportunity to practice “speaking” without the pressure of evaluation.