I would like to welcome you to my newly created Superintendent’s Blog. My plan is to periodically share information from “my world” with anyone who might choose to click and read. Some topics may be random (like today’s edition) while others may be more educationally focused or light-hearted. I don’t pretend to have all the answers, but now that I have reached the half-century mark and have seen/experienced many of life’s offerings I feel the need to pass some of them along. My prayer is that the content of these blog entries will at some point challenge or encourage you; or maybe it might just make you smile or ponder life a bit more deeply. I would be encouraged by any of these responses. May the Lord bless you. So here we go….with a random Top 10 List.
Who is this guy? – 10 Things You Might Not Know About Superintendent Mike Chitty:
1. I grew up in a home with 5 total children – I was the only boy with 4 sisters. Interestingly, I now have 5 children of my own, but with the opposite gender makeup – 4 boys and 1 girl.
2. I played NCAA Division I Basketball for Hardin-Simmons University in Abilene, Texas from 1985-89. This is also where I met my wife, Shelley.
3. My hobbies include archery, genealogy, cooking, and cutlery sharpening (yes – I like to sharpen knives).
4. Before God’s call to Christian Education, I was planning to work for the FBI. I was actually certified as a Fingerprint Expert, working for a major metropolitan police department for two years.
5. My musical tastes are very eclectic, ranging from classical to country, to southern gospel and U2.
6. My passion for Christian education runs deep. I believe that an acknowledgement of God is the beginning of all learning (Proverbs 1:7).
7. My Uncle, Scotty Bowman, is the winningest coach in NHL history, and my 1st cousin, Stan, is the General Manager of the Chicago Blackhawks.
8. I love Top 10 Lists.
9. The St. Louis Cardinals is my all-time favorite sports team.
10. If entered into an “all you can eat” contest, I would choose vanilla pudding…and a spatula.
Did you learn something new about me? Comment to be entered to win a Judah Tervis Tumbler.
Until next time.....